Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can someone give me legal advice about this?

My friend won 200,000 in the lottery and said he would buy me a boat for my birthday. He kept talking about. So as my birthday approached I became certified as a captain and bout a whole captains uniform. I also bought a 150 dollar bottle of champagne to cristen the boat. Lastly I paid the very expense three months of docking fees for the boat. My birthday came and he gave me a toy boat. He refuses to reimburse me for all my expenses. Can I sue him in small claims court for my money back that I paid out and some damages?Can someone give me legal advice about this?
You cannot sue him because technically, he DID give you a boat...just not the one you were hoping for.





I just hope this is a joke because to put out money for a gift you MIGHT get is ridiculous.Can someone give me legal advice about this?
No, but I bet you could make good money off of one of those Funniest Video things, or get lots of youtube exposure, if you docked your new boat, and just sat next to it in your sailor suit, while people took pictures...heck, it would be even better if you contacted your local media, and had them come out while you Christened it, all dressed up in your sailor suit.





I do feel sorry for you, but that mental image is going to stick with me for a very long time.
No, you cannot sue him unless you have a contract signed by him to buy you a certain boat.


You sure acted like a fool to do all the things you did and even if you had a contract, he would not be responsible for your expenses.
So he promised you to buy you a whole freaking boat and you want to sue him when you find out he was kidding?





Some friend you are.
NO but thanks for the laugh, a promise is no longer a contract.~!
stop mooching

No comments:

Post a Comment