Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Do you have any legal advice for me?

I took my computer to the shop because it was running too slow. I wanted them to reinstall my operating system. They kept my computer, seemingly forever. When I finally got it, my harddrive and one of the memory chips were missing. I took it back and waited and again had to go and insist that they give me my computer. This time, they gave me a defictive harddrive and two defective memory chips. I have to purchase a new computer. Worse than that, all of my PERSONAL INFORMATION WAS STOLEN! What can I do? Getting a lawyer can be a waste of time and money. What else can I do to put pressure on this company?Do you have any legal advice for me?
Start by filing a complaint with your local Better Business Bureau, as I found out with my complaint against ViewSonic they are kind of worthless but now you have it documented, save your postings between you and the BBB.





If the shop is a member of your local Chamber of Commerce, file complaint with them.





Once your complaint has been closed by the BBB, then you can take it to your local office of your State's Attorney General...





Remember the best form of advertisement is word of mouth, sometimes a small ad in the local newspaper classified ad section and they will resolve your issue.





Small claims court filings are usually inexpensive.Do you have any legal advice for me?
Contact the website www.consumerist.com. They are a consumer advocate website with some VERY valuable advice. Also try www.bbb.org, and file a complaint. Good Luck!
Caveat emptor
I would go to the owner of that company and tell him/her what has happened and you want your stuff back and in working order,, If they dont comply then the only recourse you would have is a civil case against them and let them know thats what you intend to do, You dont need an attorney to have a civil case you just go to the courthouse and file a claim against them and make them appear in court and tell the judge your story,





I wish you luck because there are so many thieves out in the world and they need to be stopped,





SG
In the U.S. we have a Better Business Bureau to complain to but that really only works if the business in question is a member. There is legal arbitration (small claims court). Then you can also file a complain with your state's Attorney General's office. Again, these responses work only in the U.S.





If it's any consolation, it's doubtful that they ';stole'; your information but, rather, wiped it out with the reinstall of Windows.
Throw a brick through their window

No comments:

Post a Comment