Monday, August 23, 2010

Help, I need legal advice here on a separation / divorce situation.?

We have no children and I'm ultimately going to divorce based on Domestic Violence and have lots of proof that my wife has been extremely violent. We have been separated for 3 months now and of course she is not making the divorce procedure easy. In the State of Georgia or Florida, how much time do I need to be separated from her before the courts grant a divorce?





Most states require that I live separately for the statutory period of time. This means no cohabitation. How much time does it takes in Florida or in Georgia?





I understand that in some states, 2 years of separation grants you a divorce automaticaly. How does this work in these states????Help, I need legal advice here on a separation / divorce situation.?
In florida it is zero separation time. Also the ';proof'; factor not long comes into it. You just file for disolusion of your marriage. The judge now (which I hate to say this) doesn't really care who cheat on who, etc., you actually don't even see a judge in some cities. Sign the papers ... go forward to like a magistrate ... tell him or her you want a divorce and your papers will then be signed by a judge and finalized. Go to Jacksonville Florida ... that's where I got mine ... really easy there. But you have to have been a citizen for six months or more of that state. Good luck!Help, I need legal advice here on a separation / divorce situation.?
I read this question a few weeks back and basically - you need to read up on the divorce laws in Florida or hire a lawyer.
You need to read the divorce laws that apply to those states. You can do it online. Put in the name of the state and then Revised Statutes. Go to Family Law and then go to the sub categories. My understanding is that a specified time must pass after the divorce papers are filed. Like 90 days.
you need to beat her like a red headed step child
Hire an attorney!

No comments:

Post a Comment