Thursday, August 19, 2010

Should I take legal advice?

at work, i went on my break but to purchase my lunch, i had to find the supervisor to open a safe in the back which contained my wallet. he was outside at this point and i had to leave just outside the back door to get his attention and since it had rained, my shoes were now wet from the puddles.





after obtaining my wallet, i trotted back to the shop floor with my supervisor running behind me since he was 'belled' (used to direct his attention to the till. While just about to go onto the shop floor, i fell and badly broke my right forearm and elbow.


Supervisor asked me if I was alright, thinking I was only badly sprained since i could move my fingers, I said thought so. At that point, he stepped over me and proceeded to the till. I rested for a moment to check that I could still walk and wasn't badly injured before making my way to the bakery to prepare some food. At that point, i realised that i could not move my elbow without agony and it could not take any weight at all.Should I take legal advice?
Make sure your boss fills out an accident report. That way the companys workmans compensation will pay for your medical and should pay for any days off due to the injury.


If they won't do any of the above then, yes, seek legal advice.


Don't jump on the litigation bandwagon.Should I take legal advice?
You are entitled to workers compensation benefits for the injury. Note that if you accept them, you cannot file a separate lawsuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment