Monday, August 23, 2010

Teen in need of legal advice?

I know I posted this once already but I got only few answers.








I am 17 and have been living with my boyfriend since our baby was born. (8 months ago) Recently my boyfriend and I got into an argument. (The first actual argument in 2 years.) And my mother has it in her head that I need to move back in at her home with the baby. She came over yesterday morning yelling and screaming exaggerating and twisting almost everything I said. I stayed as calm as I could. Later that day I went over to my mothers house to talk to her because she would not answer my calls. I talked to her calmly, she yelled at me and slammed the door in my face. She has told me that she is going to get an attorney and make me move back in at her house.


The main points are:


Im 17.


I have been living with my boyfriend for 8 months.


We have a child together.


I have a job.





My mother has gotten the law involved


and I would like to know what I could do


or what the steps are to being emancipated.





Please do not copy and paste paragraphs from a legal website.


I just want to know the basics of everything.





please and thank you





-MixyTeen in need of legal advice?
I think your mom can do it only TILL your 18Teen in need of legal advice?
Well if you're trying to get emancipated your mom has to agree to it if you are under 18 because you are still a minor. But until you turn 18 your mom has full legal liability over you so she can make you move back home.
At this Point the police will be hesitant to get involved. This would seem to fall under a civil matter excuse the pun. You mother would have to go to the state and have them declare you an unfit mother. That is a very difficult process. I think she will calm down after a few days, then let her talk first. If this is her first grandchild she will be very protective, to the Point of your above situation getting out of hand. I think she realizes trying to drag you home months before you turn eighteen is a futile gesture. Show her you can take care of your child and that you are a good mom and you will be fine.
If you are under age and not living at home that is called a run away. You need to check into becoming emancipated.
You are already emancipated.
if u turn 18 soon i wouldnt worry
Depends on the state you live in.





Odds are you are a runaway and still under her control.








Emancipation? Probably not First you need to live in a state that permits emancipation; not all do. You need a job, the ability to support yourself financially and socially, a place to live, a plan for the court for conducting your life, usually your parents permission, and a court order.
You are in a pickle. Here's what you do: tell her to calm down, or she won't be able to have any part of the child's life. She can't force you to let her see the baby. She can't even force the baby to live there with her, even if she can get you back there. You can leave the baby in the care of its father. In fact, if he had half a mind to do so, he'd be able to get primary custodianship of the child due to the turmoil that would ensue at your mother's house. It would be a bad environment for the baby.





Your mother has a legal right to force you back in, but that doesn't mean she should. You'll understand why she would do so just as soon as your baby starts telling you ';no';. You may be able to talk to her parents in hopes of getting them to calm her down.





At the end of the day, you're almost 18. At that point she will have no rights whatsoever. If she pisses you off, there's nothing stopping you from leaving and not talking to her ever again. Remind her of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment