Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need some legal advice please!!!! HELP!!!?

ok this is the story.... a few years ago i was caught shop lifting clothes at a store (young and stupid)... i was still a minor... but they charged me with a felony (robbery)... the prosecutors tried to say i resisted the loss prevention officer... but in actuality he used excessive force with me... also the loss prevention officer did not identify himself as that... which by law they are suppose to do.... the loss prevention officer tackled me to the ground and choked me... all this was stated in my original statement to the police... i was taken to juvenile hall and then went to trial... i honestly think i should of got petty theft not a felony.... well yesterday an investigator from the police dpt. contacted me to question me about that incident that happened a few years back... they were doing an investigation on the loss prevention officer that had attacked me.... the investigator told me they sapenaed my records and told me that a boy claimed to have been beaten up by this loss prevention officer also and the officer used excessive force and also did not identify himself.... the same exact thing i claimed!!! but i didnt have enough evidence to support my claim back then.... and there is more then one case now that the same officer used excessive force.... i want to know if the officer is found guilty then can i go back to court and get my charges reduced?.... the felony has prevented me from getting jobs and internships.... also can i sue the company for not training their loss prevention officers how to properly restrain some one?I need some legal advice please!!!! HELP!!!?
Wow, lucky you! Yes to both. Store might even be inclined to make the charge go away altogether if you agree not to proceed with civil action! Get a good atty!I need some legal advice please!!!! HELP!!!?
Well if the reason you were charged with a felony was because of this officer, then I believe yes, you can get the charge reduced. But if the felony charge was because of the robbery or what-not, then I don't think they will reduce the charges...





Good Luck =]
1. Lame that you want to sue the company for not training their officer - don't forget you created the whole incident by STEALING and being a THIEF.





2. Hire a lawyer and they may be able to have your conviction overturned if the dude is found guilty.
yes you can go back and ask for a reduction in the charges but do it with the proof of what you are saying proof of not being able to get a job and proof of the guys history of not follwing company rules
If you can hire a good enough lawyer, there may be a chance to have your case re-heard. But don't count on it. You should talk to a qualified lawyer even if it means paying $100 or so to get his or her opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment