Sunday, August 22, 2010

Should i seek legal advice or sue?

April 16, 2008 i deliveried a baby boy, but 1 weeks before that i had thought my water broke and wen to my OB and he said my water didnt break but put me on pills to stop labor.. he wanted me to wait it our for atleat 4 more weeks! long story short my water was broken and by the time i actually delievered i had no water at all after loosing it for a week and my baby was badley bruised due to conatraction i had been having for a week but couldnt feel them because of the meds he put me on! some are saying i should sue him due to the bruising and him not knowing for sure that my water broke and held me off for so long, but im not sure!Should i seek legal advice or sue?
Hun to be honest it would be a losing battle , if your baby was seriously injured then maybe but bruising you would not have a case hospitals have great lawyers i know i did in fact try to sue my hospital after my twins were born and i nearly bleed to death three times ...i got now where....just try and forget and be a good mum xShould i seek legal advice or sue?
If you can prove that the doctor was negligent then you could have a case. Speak to another doctor and tell him your concerns, but do not mention a law suit. Ask him if this is something you should be worried about if you consider using that same doctor in the future. If he says the doctor should have known better than to do that, then I would seek legal advice.
People like you are the reason it is so hard to find a large selection of OBs- and the reason so many obs are resorting back to just gynecology. You want to sue a doctor for a bruise? Save the lawsuits for real injuries and malpractice, that is just ridiculous.
Any one can sue for anything. I doubt you will win. Bruising is not a permanent injury. You can try, but Drs tend to have powerful attorneys, so you could just end up paying a lot of money in court fees.
If there is no permanent damage done to you or the babe, there is nothing to sue over..No lawyer would take it...Sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment