Monday, August 23, 2010

Someone give me some legal advice, please... O.O?

I have a friend, his name is Chris.


He had a fiancee, her name is Jackie.





She bought him a truck, but put the truck under both of their names. But she GAVE him the truck. It's his.





They split up, but now she's making his life a living hell! She's stolen the tag off his truck, put nails in his driveway AND mine (she assumed there was something going on with me and him...). She's continually harassed me and him.





We're in Alabama...





PLEASE tell me what me or Chris (or both) should do!


I have no idea where to start...Someone give me some legal advice, please... O.O?
I agree with what the breeze said...


give back the truck


and move onSomeone give me some legal advice, please... O.O?
Legally speaking, the truck belongs to both of them. So even though it is an a@@hole thing to do, she is legally allowed to take the tag, scratch the paint, or whatever.





He has two choices: continue to put up with this nonsense, or just sign the truck over to her and let her have it back.





(Personally, I would take the 2nd choice. It's just a truck,. and you can always get another truck. But she is using this as a way to get revenge or in a sick plan to lure him back or whatever. She is obviously a nut. Give her the truck back and move on.)
Not much you can do unless she's is willing to assign her 1/2 ownership over to him which she can do so on reverse of title. Which brings up another issue. Did she pay for the truck? If not some finance company holds the title and who is making the payments? She may have given him the truck but legally it belongs to both of them in name. What a tangled web we weave.
He has to be able to prove the truck was a gift, which will be almost impossible, given that she is a co-owner. Personally I would get my name off it and take the bus for a while.





He can still get a restraining order for the harassment and vandalism, though. Call the non-emergency line of your local police about that.
The truck is owned by whoever's name is on the title -- in this case, both of them. You haven't given someone a truck unless you've signed over the title. Legally, she has every much as right to the truck as Chris does. The fact that she paid for it doesn't hurt her claim either.





Good luck.
Restraining order; lawsuit for harassment; and get her name off the truck.
You are in Alabama... can't you just shoot her?

No comments:

Post a Comment