Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need family legal advice.?

My ex husband is remarried and is now seperated after a very violent marriage on both parts. They have a son who is 10 my daughter from him is 19 and in college and it has just been here and i for the last 10 years. The boy ( my daughters 1/2 brother) is going through a lot. His mother left him with his dad because she didnt want him and his dad is not a good person to raise this kid. He drinks too much and smokes weed. I have always been close to the boy and love him very much my daughter and i pick him up on the weekends and just hang out.he wants to come stay with me i know it's because he sees it as being stable and loving. His dad wants him to stay with me too and of course the mom doesnt know. If she did she would pick him up out of spite. What can i do to help but at the same time cover my own butt as well? I would love for him to come stay with me i have a very close family and they are always there to help support each other.I need family legal advice.?
I commend you for wanting to take in and help a boy that isnt even your child.


You dont mention how your relationship with the other ex wife is. I mean, you both should have a bit in common since you both endured a marriage with the same person. If you ex husband has full custody and he wishes to give you guardianship of the boy, I suggest you contact a family law attorney. The mother of the boy did not want him (how sad that is) and maybe she may be more willing than you think. If it doesnt work out, then all you can do is what you have already been doing which is spending time with him on the weekends and showing him some much deserved and needed attention.


Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment