Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sole trader needing legal advice?

My friend is needing advice and this is his story below





I鈥檓 a sole trader and excepted a bathroom to refurbish. I excepted a 拢900 deposit and because complications of my own A conversation over the phone with the client, came to a agreement to pay back 拢450 as compensation for leaving the job early. And excepting his business cheque for the deposit. What鈥檚 my legal standing in this? the 拢450 has to be paid back within 28 days, as per the telephone agreement. But could I be liable for anything? I feel terrible about it.


my Sole trader needing legal advice?
Sue them.Sole trader needing legal advice?
The refund agreement as settlement is binding, unless the law would consider the other party incapable of conducting their own affairs. The only difference between a verbal and written agreement is that the latter is easier to prove. Even without a receipt acknowledging full and final settlement, the paid cheque would support your story.
Get it in writing

No comments:

Post a Comment