Monday, August 23, 2010

Really need some legal advice...?

first of all I have 2 kids 11 yrs and 8 yrs. I have been divorced for 4 years. I fought a custody battle for a year and a half with my ex husband who only wanted out of paying child support so he wanted joint custody him being primary custodian. The court gave him temporary primary custody with me paying child support to him but I took care of the kids just like I was primary custodian and he saw them every other weekend and I paid child support! But to stop the court battles and not to mention all the money going into attorney's fees and to him in child support, I decided to go to mediation and we ';agreed'; that he would keep the kids 1 week and I would have them 1 week and no child support each paying the same for the kids!


Now he moved almost an hour away, he doesn't keep them like he's suppose to and I am paying for everything. I live in ky. what can I do to get this into court and get someone to listen to my side of the story and believe any thing I say. I told the judge the last time he only wanted out of child support and he wouldn't listen so please any advice would help!Really need some legal advice...?
Find some local attorney's. At minimum, they will give you a free consultation and tell you what they might be able to do to help. It might be worth spending a little money to hire an attorney at that point (after all, this is your kids) but if not at least you'll have some expert advice. Otherwise, I believe they have toll free numbers you can call for advice on matter like these. You could file another case and have it in front of judge, but you really want to be prepared prior to doing that. Unfortunately, I know a lot of people that just have to go through this and haven't been able to get it fixed - they just look at the bright side that at least they have their kids and aren't paying money anymore -- but there are ways that if you get the judge to agree, you can have his paychecks docked and that money sent to you...Really need some legal advice...?
You may need a good lawyer and you may need to research about him or her. Make sure the lawyer see's that you are taking care of the the children and take him to the lawyer and make sure that he pays you once in awhile.
You are going to have to go back to court. Maybe try your county child support enforcement agency. They might be able to help with legal stuff if you can't afford it.
Go back to the county mediator. You need to work out a different arrangement.
Sue him
Document it every time he gets the kids, next time you go to court demand to be named the primary parent. You screwed yourself by not doing this when he was originally given custody of the kids, it may have made a difference when you went back to court.





Anyway family courts across the country are a mess, don't expect your problem to be resolved soon. Sorry.
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment