Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need some legal advice about Wal Mart?

Today I was shopping at Wal Mart, got all my items, had my friend help my kids and I to the car (I just had oral surgery) She stayed with the kids while I walked back inside to get a bottled water from the vending machines, as soon as I stepped off the mats from the entrance there was a puddle of water and I slipped pretty hard. Fell right on my knee, there were 2 employees who witnessed this, and did absolutely nothing about it, didn't come over to say Hey are you ok... literally nothing. My knee is huge and purple, I have to go to the doctor tomorrow... and to make matters worse, my friend (who was here to take care of me after my surgery) had to go home today and I'm stuck here all by myself with my 2 kids, and I'm even more incapacitated than before! I feel like I should have been compensated at least in the form of a gift card or something... What should I do? Btw you should know that it had been raining that day and there WERE the ';caution wet floor'; signs visible.. I didn't see them apparently lol but this was completely out of the walkway where there would be a puddle from the rain... this was like a spilled drink or something because the puddle actually got me wet. Do I call them tomorrow and ask for some compensation? I can't even get to the doctor! None of my family lives here and all my friends are at least 2 hours away....What do I do?!?!





You should also know that I spoke with the manager, whom met me outside as I couldn't walk in with just me and my kids, with my knee swelling and whatnot....I filled out some paperwork and have a number to call if I should need to see a doctor. Should I tough it out and go to the doctor with the kids? I'm really not trying to be out to get Wal Mart or anything, I just feel extremely put out by this situation....I need some legal advice about Wal Mart?
It's not Walmarts fault that you lost your balance. Sorry that you tripped, but they don't owe you anything. They did their part by putting up wet floor signs. Why are people so sue happy?I need some legal advice about Wal Mart?
Go see a doctor to determine your injury. you may want to consult a personal injury attorney who work for th % of your settlement, Normally these matters do ot go to cort because of the publicity, Check with your sate bar association for a lawyer that is fair.


It hard to say honest and lawyer in the same sentence. The attorney will determine if there is a case for negligence such as failure to warn and did this breach of duty th proximate cause of the injury such as economic hardship,etc, If you win, make sure its pain and suffering because thas nontaxable; Punitive awards are taxable


You better hurry.
Well, you need to decide what you want to do. They're not going to give you a gift card in hopes you wont turn around and sue them...but they could. Protocol is to do what was done. The manager came and filled out a report with you for the incident. Now the ball is in your court. If you think the swelling is going to go down in a day or so that it's just badly bruised and you'll be fine and don't want to bother with the dr. then don't go. If in a week or so it's still not better you can go then if you have someone to watch the kids and you don't have to drag them with you...you don't HAVE to go tomorrow. They have the report on file...it won't mysteriously dissappear. do you have a copy? If not, go or call and ask for a copy to be mailed if you can't get there, for your records. That way if like I said it hasn't got better, you can go to the dr. at a later date and they can pay for your expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment