Sunday, August 22, 2010

Childcare - Job interview - (legal?) Advice?

I have been offered an interview for Thomsons - to be a child representative.





In my application, I did not mention that I have NVQ 3 in childcare (as i dont) but I wrote about all my experience with children %26amp; that I will have finished year 1 of university to be a primary teacher by this time





There website says that All their Child Reps are educated to NVQ 3 in childcare or equivalent.





Would it then be illegal for them to hire me? Because it would be a lie to the childrens parents?





Or would my experience %26amp; uni count as equivalent?





Would they have given me an interview knowing i couldn't possibly get the job?





Thank youChildcare - Job interview - (legal?) Advice?
Their out is ';equivalent'; - its their call. You may have strengths of personality and natural talents that they are seeking in their ';Child Rep.'; Its' their problem not yours - you've been truthful, and that is all you can be. Never never lie, it will come back and haunt you.Childcare - Job interview - (legal?) Advice?
no you wont be classed as being level 3 qualified level 1 in teaching is not an equivalent, they may give you the job but expect you to train to a level 3 standard. the website will be there to make them look good and to look like all their staff are fully trained(which some probably aren`t). i work in a nursery and my boss is always telling new parents that all staff are qualified when most of them have just started training. you may have done really well in the interview and they are willing to train you

No comments:

Post a Comment