Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need some legal advice on a restraining order. My wife is violating it and I don't know how to make it stop.?

My wife and I are going through a divorce. She started seeing another guy and took out a restraining order on me so I cant go anywhere around her house or contact her. I have done nothing to her for one to be in place except when I asked her to see our child. That's when she filed it. She doesn't want me to see him. I don't have a lot of money so I cant afford a lawyer. I am trying to agree out of court with her. The problem is that she calls me in the middle of the night to get me upset. She is violating her own order. I need to know how I can get her in violation of the order without me having a lawyer.I need some legal advice on a restraining order. My wife is violating it and I don't know how to make it stop.?
You Do not have To have a lawyer.


Take her To family Court For Custody.


So that You can Legally See your son Get Your call records Of her calling You show it to the Judge.


Legally If you Go near here she can Call the cops But they will Just tell You to leave.


If she Sends You texts or anything have your Phone people print them.


Call and talk to an Officer After you Get your call records.


But If you are doing good and Can support your Son They Should at least let you have 3 days Out of the week with him how old is he?


if he is under 1 she will get more rights With him exspecially if she is Breast feeding.


Hope I helped hun.I need some legal advice on a restraining order. My wife is violating it and I don't know how to make it stop.?
Honestly, it varies state by state and county by county. The protection order was prob filed with the district police. I would go to whatever presinct handled the PO and let them know when she is violating. Once you have made a complaint, they will come out and enforce the PO. She could be locked up for violation of a court order.
You don't need a lawyer. It would be a waste of good money. example.. my friend 5,000 bucks later. and she got what the laws says she should get in the first place.. Next example, My ex and I settled out of court, 300.00 total for the divorce. Laywers cant change the law about custody, or child support, or anything like that. DON';T GET A LAWYER!!!
they do have lawyers that do probono,,write down or take pictures of the caller id showing that she is calling you and harassing you...





keep track of everything,,,i hate people that are sneaky and underhanded like this..
make notes of the date and time she calls then go to police and tell them she took the restraint out on you have them pull her phone records and then take this to the judge that is handling your divorce
You call the police and turn her in! You can't trust her, beg, borrow and do whatever you can to get the money for an attorney! You'll be so sorry if you don't!
I would think you could try calling police and asking their advice. Unfortunately, I do not think the restraining works both ways, but you could always go to family court and put one out on her.
The order restricts your behavior, not hers. If you want an order restricting her behavior, you will have to apply for one.
you don't have to have a lawywer to goto court. keep a record, file your own report and call the police
Here is what you do record the phone calls that she does so that you have proof.
....I don't have a lot of money so I cant afford a lawyer. I am trying to agree out of court with her.....I need to know how I can get her in violation of the order without me having a lawyer...





NOT possible - you really do NEED to get a lawyer and forget about settling this out of court. Go to court and get the judge to make a decision.





she is not violating her own order - she can contact you anyway she likes. YOU just cant contact her. There is a difference.


You can also get a restraining order on her so that she CANNOT contact you whatsoever. This will most likely require a lawyer.





can you not get legal aid?





All communications would have to be through the lawyers.
Keep records of any contact she makes with you, but terminate them immediately or you will be the one who gets arrested. Go to your local family court in person, they usually have a self help desk where you can ask questions. There desks are sometimes even staffed by attorneys doing pro-per work.





You should not divorce without an atty, it will cost you too much now and in the future (think of your property, retirement benefits and potential child support). If you really can't afford one call your local bar association to see what they recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment