Monday, August 23, 2010

I need some legal instructions....NOT asking for legal advice....please advise.?

I have been denied an automotive claim by Progressive Insurance for a total loss-grand theft auto.


Reason given for denial of claim- ';Your Nephew, Ryan H####, advised us during a telephone interview that your truck was stolen prior to the policy being taken out online...';


I want to hear a copy of this recording, My Nephew swears that he did not tell them that. I want to hear it for myself, but Progressive says it is their recording and I cant listen to it. I can find my way around a law library pretty good...sort of. Please tell me the procedure/papers I need to file in order to obtain a copy of this recorded conversation from when Progressive called my mother's house and recorded a conversation with Ryan where he supposedly sunk me. Ryan denies saying anything to them except that it was a nice truck. I really want to hear the tape. Please explain to me the legal process, papers I need to file with the (county?) court in order to obtain a copy of this conversation.


I did one time in the past, teach myself how to file an emergency motion to get my foreclosed home back from the entity that bought it on the courthouse steps/forclosure auction. But that's a different story. Just letting you know that after explaining my unique situation to the judge's clerk, she told me what I needed to file to request a hearing and also told me where to look in the law library to learn how to file the correct paperwork.


BTW-I was successful in getting the house back. Me on one side of the long table, and 5 lawyers representing 3 different law firms on the other side, with the judge at the head of the table. I am not bragging, I am just proud that I was able to save my home without having to hire a lawyer, because I am disabled, living on a very meager SS check, even though I worked my a## off for 40 years making $60K per as a construction project manager. I have no idea about law procedure or how law libraries are organized, but if someone will ponit me in the right direction, I will surely do all I can to find the necessary info on procedure, how to fill out the proper forms, and the necessary fees involved. I am sorry to all you lawyers out there that I cannot afford you at this time in my life, please do not take offense. I admire your profession and wish I would have persued a law degree instead of business management. Thank you in advance for your help.


I need to hear this tape so I can find out how damaging it would be to my case before I decide to allocate some of my meager Social Security check to hire an attorney. Thanks again please help.I need some legal instructions....NOT asking for legal advice....please advise.?
You don't need to hear the recording. And even if they have a recording, it would probably not be admissable as evidence in a civil matter. Progressive knows that! They're stalling you with a bluff. The longer time passes in the matter of your vehicle, the harder it will be for you to have a successful claim. Progressive knows that too. File a suit against Progressive in any court. If the amount of your claim is too high for a given court, the court will send you to a higher court. Eventually, you'll have your day in court. If the insurance papers are in order, you'll win and Progressive will have to honor your claim. Regardless of who told them what in a telephone conversation. In fact, once you start the law suit and papers are sent to Progressive, they will make settlement. For sure. They don't have a leg to stand on, and they know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment