Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need some legal advice please?

I attended cosmetology school in 2001 long story short my financial aid was cut. What ended up happening is my wages were garnished for the amount of my student loans. I just received a civil hearing notice that the school is trying to sue me for $2106.50. I'm really confused because I thought they would of received their money from the loans I had to payback through the garnishment. Can anyone give me some advice.I need some legal advice please?
u need a sit down meeting w/the people u owe n work out the details etc.I have a prob but worked it out by COMMUNICATION. so make an effort to talk to them. if they refuse then sue for exspunging ur debt.I need some legal advice please?
My cosmetology school back in 1970 cot me $1,000 and my parents paid for it with cash so I can see that prices have gone up since that time.





Wages are garnished when someone doesn't pay on their student loan. Do you have your paychecks that state money was taken out and for what? And can you ask your company to provide you with a letter or some proof that they did take out that money and sent it to the government or collection agency? Well you'll need those documents in court so get them pronto.





Ok so the school is trying to sue you but you then will show the proof (by copies) that you did get garnished and that your employer says that money was sent to the government or collector and that the government or collector was supposed to pay them and that's probably where the money is tied up.





If you got a document then you need to respond to it in a court document (make it look like the one you were sent) and send it to the Clerk of Court (sign and date it and say what I said in the paragraph above) and then keep a copy for yourself and also send a copy of it to the cosmetology school. Then be sure to be in court any date they say you have to be there (along with that proof from your employer as to where they sent the money and when). Your proof is what will save you in court.
I think you need to speak to an Attorney.





THE best way to find a lawyer is by word of mouth. Ask your: family, friends, coworkers, anyone you might know in the same situation, etc.





OR





Call your local (usually county) bar association. Ask for names of attorneys that handle your type of matter. (If money is a BIG problem, you could also ask for the phone number of your local LegalAid office. - the attorneys at LegalAid are ';real'; attorneys, but sometimes in the field of Law, how much you are willing to pay does affect the quality you get.)





When you call the law office(s), insist on speaking with the Lawyer. Do not tell all the little details of your matter to the Secretary - save the details for the Attorney.


When you get the Lawyer on the phone line, ask him/her:


-Do they give FREE, initial consultations? (most do, but not all - you have to ask, don't assume)


- How much do they charge?


- Could you make payments on your account?


-Can they help you? OR Refer you to someone who can help you?





Good luck.

















(This is based on my knowledge, information, and belief. This was intended as personal opinion, and not intended to be used as legal advice. Seeking advice over the Internet is not a good idea - the field of Law is too complex for that. Please be careful and do your research.)

No comments:

Post a Comment