Thursday, July 29, 2010

Breathalyzer, school event, legal advice...?

I went to a school event %26amp; drank before like many do. I've never had trouble with this before. For the first 1/2 hour, I didn't have any trouble. However, my friend who has had troubles in the past with the school administration got in trouble (only because of the admins vendetta, not b.c my friend did anything bad). i saw my friend getting in trouble and was like hey... what's wrong? i realized that there was nothing i could do, so i went back to the event. later i was taken aside by the admins/police and questioned b.c i was assumed guilty by association. i repeatedly told them i did not consent to anything until given legal counsel. I was not down with being manipulated my the police/admins. However, my ignorant and fearful friends ratted me out. I was never breathalyzed, tested, %26amp;didn't admit %26amp; didn't deny drinking.one officer said ';i don't smell alch. on you, your speech isn't slurred, %26amp; you don't seem impaired.';im not in legal trouble but does the school have the right to suspendBreathalyzer, school event, legal advice...?
I'm not sure where you live but in my state (Texas) just smelling something on you can get you thrown in jail for the night, sentenced to community service, and fined. Then the school has the right to send you to an alternative school for 30 days. I am speaking of high school. If you are in college it would be most likely a suspension.





Hopefully the school won't suspend you since you didn't get in legal trouble but drinking on campus is a really bad idea especially if you are underage.





You do want to make it through school, right?Breathalyzer, school event, legal advice...?
i asked for legal advice, not a lecture. you're biased, condescending, and pretentious. thanks for trying.

Report Abuse



YEAH.... Why not!!!





I'm sorry... I WAS a TEEN... (Believe it or not!)





Got kicked-out (SUSPENDED) for 'smoking' in the bus-line! guess what? MY bad!!! 'I'; KNEW the 'rules'! I got ';caught';! MY BAD!!! Nobody else's fault! MINE!... I'm not PROUD of it, and I DID try to get 'out' of it, but the bottom-line... Yeah, ';I'; WAS 'smoking', in the Bus-line! GUILTY!!!





DO my 'time', and go back to school!!





';I'; was 'ASHAMED'! I'm sorry, but, I THINK that a LOT of 'kids', today, think that being kicked out of school is something to be PROUD of! I didn't tell you what happened when my Dad got TOLD that 'his SON' was not allowed in school for 3-days!!! Because his 'son' was smoking a cigarrette (which he wasn't supposed to be doing in the first place) in the BUS-LINE!





NO... I can't say that my Dad was an 'abusive' parent! But, he sure did let me know, in no uncertain terms, that HE did NOT 'condone' MY actions!





He didn't have to even 'TOUCH ME'... to make me KNOW what HE thought about it... BUT, he WAS there!!! And he damned sure let me KNOW... I 'WISHED' that he would just BEAT me, and get it OVER with... NOpe... not his way... He wanted to 'TEACH'; me... and, God Bless Him, he DID!!!





I guess that says 'something' about how SMART my Dad was... He made me THINK about it...





And, here ';I'; am... STILL 'thinking about it', and trying to SAY 'something...'





I hope that you can read between the lines...
If your friends saw you drinking alcohol and then told school administrators you were doing so, you're in trouble. If this is in the United States, the fact that you were seen drinking alcohol means you were breaking the rules. If you go to a public school, the school needs to follow the Constitution, but again, being underage the simple fact you were drinking alcohol is enough to put you in violation of any policy against drinking, so whatever punishment they take is appropriate. On the other hand, if you go to a non-public school (such as a Catholic school), they don't have to adhere to the limitations of the Constitution, and you are in an even worse position. My suggestion is that you are in trouble, and need to accept the consequences.
so youre clearly not in any legal trouble, but the school operates differently


ive been through this... at a school football game a few months ago, i was with two friends, and we all drank a lot. the first friend was caught be the police, but never ratted. the second friend was somehow found out in school, and although the school had nothing more than the good and honest words of a few other students, he was still punished with in school suspension. i on the other hand kept it all on the dl and didnt get caught.





so basically you still have a good chance of getting punished by the school even if they have no real proof. all they need is enough students reporting you
  • makeup care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment