Tuesday, July 27, 2010

HELP. Need legal advice? Got caught with a pill in my pocket when my friend got pulled over?

I was riding with my friend in the car, she got pulled over for her inspection sticker being out. So the cop pulls us out the car because her cousin had smoked weed in her car earlier that day while we were at the park and he could smell it. So he searches the car for the weed. then checks us for it. i think that i'm gonna be just fine. because i don't do drugs and don't smoke weed. i forgot that her cousin had given me a pill to give to someone later that day. He found it in my pocket. So he writes her up for some stuff. Then doesn't give me any kind of citation or ticket. But tells me to call the police department in the next couple days or there would be a warrant for my arrest. So i call them and they want me to snitch on 2 to 3 different cases and they will allow it to be taken off my record. However, i cant turn in my friends. and he said my only other option is to check myself into jail and pay a bond. Then talk to the judge about what will happen to me. and i will most likely get probation. I have never been in trouble with anything in my life. and have no idea what any of this means or whats going on. My parents are wondering if it would be best to hire a lawyer. Any advice legally as to what i can do? I know this whole situation is stupid. but im really scared. and have a sick feeling. please help meHELP. Need legal advice? Got caught with a pill in my pocket when my friend got pulled over?
Sounds like they can't do jack and are just saying all those things to scare you. If they didn't cite you on the spot or give you any form of ticket at the time of the incident your in the clear. They have no formal charges on you... and frankly if you never called there in the first place they would have just forgotten. Think about it... what could they possibly do now... nothing can be proven... everything circumstancial now... don't call the station again and you'll be fine... guaranteed they don't act on this... and even if they wanted to its too late they can't prove anything days after the incidents been over.





Also i would imagine your 17 (minor) no priors... even if they did charge you.. you would get next to nothing since your a minor and its your first offense for a just one crap pill. Their not gonna do jack your best bet is to end all lines of communication with them do not play thier game.HELP. Need legal advice? Got caught with a pill in my pocket when my friend got pulled over?
your friends are most likely not as important as your record because in a few years you will not ever see them again. you broke the law in at least two ways just do what you need to do and get on with your life. people like you how have gone though this more then once tend to choose to rat out their friends then go to jail, its not a fun place to be.
First you need to move up to a lower class of friends. Don't snitch, that's rally uncool. Yes talk to an attorney.
what kind of pill was it? if it was pink you go away for 10 years... but green idk.
First...the term ';snitch'; is so absurd! All you have to do is say ';I don't prefer to provide law enforcement assistance'; and be done with it!





Secondly, you don't state your age but mention ';your parents'; and as such I would suggest they consult with an attorney to determine if you as a juvenile would need representation.





There are several programs available to first time offenders including but not limited to ';pretrial diversion'; and ';youthful offender'; status. An attorney can help with these programs.





Lastly, taking the pill from a friend to give to another friend is what is referred to as ';Unlawful Distribution of a Controlled Substance.'; That is a felony offense in any state.





My suggestion is next time....let your ';friend'; do their own illegal distribution. You just never know what could happen if someone took the pill and had an adverse reaction to the medication!

No comments:

Post a Comment