Saturday, July 31, 2010

I NEED SOME LEGAL ADVICE REGARDING WORK RELATED ISSUES.!!!?

So I work for a tutoring agency and they happen to be very strict with all their policies. But It so happens that I was assigned two students which are brothers to get tutoring by me. And I have tutored them for about a month now! Well 1 month later a person from the company calls and says I was not supposed to get assigned these two students, and that I should not tutor them no more. I say ok i'll stop tutoring them, but she says her supervisor said I might not get paid for the hours I have tutored them which came out to be $300.00 dollars worth in tutoring. SO I WAS ASSIGNED A STUDENT WHICH WAS (NOT MY FAULT) AND NOT GET PAID???? DO I SAY WELL IF YOUR NOT GOING TO PAY ME, THEN YOU'LL HEAR FROM MY LAWYER? WILL I GET FIRED OR LAYED OFF FOR SUING FOR WHATS RIGHT???? WHAT SHOULD I DO?I NEED SOME LEGAL ADVICE REGARDING WORK RELATED ISSUES.!!!?
By law, they must pay you for any work performed. Tell them that you expect your pay for these students or you will be forced to contact the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment Standards Administration, Wage and Hour Division (the agency that handles this type of complaint).





If they don't pay, file a complaint (however, I would guess that you would not be working there any more).I NEED SOME LEGAL ADVICE REGARDING WORK RELATED ISSUES.!!!?
If you are in the US, the laws are pretty standard that protect you from not being paid for work that you perform - no matter what the reason. If, you find yourself in this situation, know your rights. Contact the agency in the state that you live in that oversees wage and hour law, explain your dilemma and have them give you guidance.
i dont know what the laws are in your country im in england and here you would be well within your rights to say that you are going to take legal action, if they knew it was a mistake for you to be tutoring these brothers then they could have rectified THEIR mistake before a month that is just rediculous, here in england you wouldn't get sacked for taking legal action because you could then sue them for unfair dismissal if i was you i would go to an advice agency if you have any or go to a solicitor and tell them the perdicament you are in and they will be able to help you further

No comments:

Post a Comment