Thursday, July 29, 2010

CCard StatOfLimitations need legal advice if possible...ASAP!?

I am sure I will add more to this question later. I am doing reaserch because I have been sued by a CCard company.





I made a couple of late payments and my interest shot up as well as had my card considered defaulted and therefore had no available credit. At this point I owed about $2450 and this all happened before 9/03.


I continued to make big payments, for my income, until 07/04 and by then I owed about $1700 yet had a credit limit of $2500 but was unable to use any of it.


Since that time I tried to close my account but they refused unless I paid the balance in two payments which was financially impossible, of course they have no record of these conversations.


Based on the fact that I was unable to use the card since before 9/03 could I argue that my account was technically closed? The plaintiff would have no way to argue otherwise since I would be putting the burden of proof on them.


Please help! and thanks in advance.





Sued and broke in Tx.CCard StatOfLimitations need legal advice if possible...ASAP!?
They are not suing you. The debt has been sold for about 2 cents on the dollar. Anything they can collect will be profit to them. It is too late for them to sue you. The threatening letters you receive are meant to scare you. Don't sweat it. Don't make any payments on the debt that will start the statute of limitations running again. Ignore them and they will go away. You are not being sued.CCard StatOfLimitations need legal advice if possible...ASAP!?
Are you sure they are real. Bill collectors do some weird and illegal stuff. This is too old for you to be sued for it.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment