Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need some LEGAL advice about a recent ticket I got.?

About 2 weeks ago, I got a ticket for going pass a stop sign without completely stopping. I was not speeding (looking for a address, and I have a plus 5 driving record, just had my insurance go down over $30 dollars due to no accidents in the last 5 years, and the traffic was slow on an off from the highway street. How can I plead my case before the judge? (I refuse to pay before court) Could I cite the officer for Entrapment (he was half way down the block parallel to the stop sign I went past.) I need some suggestions. I go to Court Dec.6/07 in Virginia.I need some LEGAL advice about a recent ticket I got.?
Guilty...pay it and be done..past history has noting to do with what you did later....or plead not guilty,go to trial,waste the judges time and make him mad and get a tougher sentence...your choiceI need some LEGAL advice about a recent ticket I got.?
';Entrapment'; doesn't make any sense in this case.





You didn't stop completely, so just pay the fine. If you go to court, and the cop shows up, you will lose. So save yourself the hassle.
You can go to court and take your chances that the cop won't show up to testify. That's basically your only hope. Of course, it will cost you more in the end because you will lose anyway and will owe court costs above your citation cost.





p.s. You can't use the entrapment defense because you would have to prove that the only reason you blew the stop sign was because of the cop. Doesn't make any sense here.
You admittedly rolled through the stop sign! How can you try and pass blame on the officer? What does your good driving history have to do with anything? You're guilty, pay the fine like you should!
plead not guilty on arraignment day...but you will lose...you either didnt stop or you did...if you rolled it you are guilty...as for entrapment,how did he lure you into doing it?..thats entrapment...youre toast

No comments:

Post a Comment