Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need some legal advice. Arson, rape, underage drinking?

Okay, so Saturday night, me and some so-called friends went out to the country to a barn for a party. There was some drinking by all of us. I ended up sleeping with a married man while his wife just sat there and watched. I was so drunk, I don't remember everything that happened. Then the next night, I found out that same barn had burned down. They'd left the two barrel fires going all night, and the wind picked up and caught the barn on fire. When the sheriff came out to my house to question me about it, I told them everything, except the part about me and the guy sleeping together. Now, I could be charged as an accessory to arson, and for underage drinking. But I want to know how strong the case is that I'd get charged with something. And can I charge the guy I slept with for rape because he wasn't drunk and I was? I really messed up. I need legal help.I need some legal advice. Arson, rape, underage drinking?
you can press charges against him, as well as his wife- but if it'll stick is another question. The defense attorney will ask why you waited so long, etc and make it seem like you weren't really drunk and you wanted to be with him and didn't know he was married, etc. and now that you know he is married you are trying to get back at him with a bogus rape charge.


But it is rape. You were not 100% consenting because you were under the influence. And by underage, do you mean under 18 or under 21. IF it's under 18, you have contributing to the delinquency of a minor.


As for the arson charge. You can plea bargain. oYou didn't host the party so the clean up wasn't your responsibilty. Just start naming names and you'll be in the clear.


But press charges and the dude will plea bargain sexual predator or something like that snd he will have to register as an offender.I need some legal advice. Arson, rape, underage drinking?
It might not sound fair to you, but if you start pressing charges against people at the party, chances are charges will be pressed against you. How can you remember everything you told the sherriff but was really messed up when it comes to sleeping with the married man? The best thing to do is ';Let sleeping dogs lie'; and the less said about the incident the better off you'll be.
You probably will be charged with underage drinking.





Did you start the barrel fires? Did anyone ask you to tend them or put them out and you didn't? If not, accessory to arson is a stretch.





If you're at the age of consent in your state, take some responsibility for the sex. Nobody forced you to get liquered up. Nobody drugged you. You drank, got yourself drunk, and did something stupid because of it.





Drunken sex isn't always rape.
yes, in some states its illegal to sleep with an intoxicated woman. But in those cases, there are witnesses there. And i doubt after his wife testify's you are going t have much credit. And thats not what rape is for. You are abusing the system and messing up statistics. If you had sex with somebody and you willing to do and then later on you think you made a mistake. Thats not rape.
Well, let's see here.





You confessed.





End of story on how strong the case is. The case is over. Hire a good lawyer.





Quote: I don't remember everything that happened.





So a rape charge is pretty much not happening unless you are under age.
Yes, you do need legal help, so I strongly advise you to get off Y/A and start looking for a real attorney in your area who can provide it.
You may want to retain an attorney, just in case.





At this point, you have no idea what you will be charged with. The sheriff is not the decision maker here; it's the prosecutor. The prosecutor will charge you with only the crimes for which he knows he can prove beyond a reasonable doubt. (Exception: Mike Nifong, who has already been disbarred.) Based on your story, the most I see is underage drinking, which is the most trivial of all the BFD crimes.





';You'; don't get to ';charge'; anyone with rape. That's the prosecutor's decision as well. Anyway, I'm not sure that you were too drunk to consent, while at the same time be sober enough to know that you had sex while the wife watched.
You need to obtain a lawyer for legal advice. I can only offer my opinion. It appears they have a strong case against you for underage drinking and accessory to arson. There is no denying you are underage while drinking. Whether or not you remember anything about the barn fire is moot - you were there. As for charging the man with rape, you will have a difficult time proving that. You said the man's wife watched and she could testify that you wanted him to do it. It doesn't matter how drunk or not he and you were, you committed the sexual act.

No comments:

Post a Comment