Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Cry For Legal Advice!!?

Today the police/detectives busted into my house with a search warrent to find anything to do with GPS, Ipod's, Chargers, Etc. Apparantly they think my family was involved in some car looting or something. How pitiful.





They found useless junk like old broken phones, old gps, chargers, my old busted sidekick, yata yata. So they ask me to sign this receipt something about me being a witness to them taking the items for inventory.





First, I denied to sign the receipt, was that a bad/good call?





Tomorrow the detectives would like to speak to my


brother and I at their office, is it a good idea that me and my brother come down to have a word? What should I say?





This is completely unjustified, I thought I lived in America!A Cry For Legal Advice!!?
The receipt thing actually doesn't matter very much, it just means a bit more paperwork for them because you didn't sign so no big deal on that.





If it was me, and I really didn't do anything and my brother didn't as well, then I wouldn't even go to the police station tomorrow unless you were under subpoena or were told there would be a warrant for your arrest if you two failed to be there.





At the very least make sure neither of you will sell the other out or cave in and confess without speaking to a lawyer first.





Remember that NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY, YOU SHOULD KEEP QUIET AND ONLY REQUEST TO HAVE A LAWYER. You do not have to talk with them without your lawyer being there unless they offer you and your brother immunity in writing.





That's what I would do.I'm a pretty smart person, but not knowing your exact situation ( and not wanting to ) that's the advice I give.





EDIT: If you can not afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. So how did the meeting go at the station?A Cry For Legal Advice!!?
That was a bad call.





A good call would be one to a lawyer.





If you say it is unjustified, well, ok, but we can't tell from here. Obviously some judge signed a search warrant. That means the judge thought there was good cause to believe a crime was committed.





EDIT: Wow, you have a really bad attitude. You sound like a liar to me. I'll bet you are going to jail soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment