Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Please Give Me Legal Advice?

Three weeks ago I started a job, which was temp-to-perm. I was starting a job working for an investment company as an analyst. When I started the job, I was not given any of the tasks that were on the job spec. Instead I was given dividends to process and payments to look after. I was told that this was only going to be for the short term, and afterwards once I got the hang of everything I was I was going to be given the tasks that I was originally assigned for.





On Thursday, I was told by my head that ';I have to let you go';. The reason that I was given was that I had made too many mistakes. Although I did make mistakes, they were minor mistakes that anyone would make in a brand new job. They were not to the extent that would merit dismissal.





From what I have understood, the same thing has happened to many other people who were hired by the same company and same individual.Please Give Me Legal Advice?
you have no rights in any job of any description until you have served a year`s employment, i got shafted by a wnker for much the same thing after 47 weeks and had no recourse whatsoeverPlease Give Me Legal Advice?
as you where only there for 3 weeks this would still be classed as your trial period and if they feel you are not up to the job in this time they can let you go
ok, so you'll probably boo me for this one, but here's the reality.





In any organization dealing with money, mistakes can't be tolerated - I have a friend who is a teller, and she must balance, to the penny, every day, or she cannot leave work for the day.





Do you know how many scams have occurred over the years by employees taking the ';rounding penny'; and moving it to their personal account, or doing other financial misdeeds?





Yes, it sucks to get fired - and it's tough to have a job where you cannot make a mistake.





I'm guessing that the dividend processing is a vetting technique - and if you would have passed that test would have moved on to that job.





As tough as it seems, what a great learning experience for your next interview and next job - to more closely match your expectations with the employers.





I've been in industry for a long time - but don't allow this experience to embitter you on corporate life - it is a reality you will face time and time again.





ps - do you really think that another company would hire you if they knew that you sued a former employer who fired you after 3 weeks? Don't cut off your nose to spite your face or speak poorly of that employer - this is a very small world, and it will come back to haunt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment