Thursday, July 29, 2010

PLEASE! Need some legal advice!!!?

Here is the story. Sorry if it is long but PLEASE help. My husband and his roommate moved into this trailer in the Fall of 2005. When they went to look at it in Spring of '05, it had a hole in the living room wall. The landlords said that the hole would be fixed, carpet replaced, and fresh paint applied. When they moved in, nothing was fixed. My husband and I got married this June. The month that no one was there, a leak was where the hole is. It grew mold in the carpet and in the walls. I have been sick ever since I moved in (like vomitting sick twice a week). I have been to the doctor three times, have been on three different antibiotics, and to no avail. I am having allergic reactions to that mold. We told them about the problem in July. They have yet to fix it. When we got serious this time and wrote a letter, included a printout from EPA.gov, and a note from my doctor, they said we were being forced out in December. What can we do here? We are looking to sue.PLEASE! Need some legal advice!!!?
get a lawyerPLEASE! Need some legal advice!!!?
I am unsure whether the law works the same where you are as it does in the UK and am not 100% on law full stop but the landlord should be putting you up in temporary accomodation, fit to live in, while your place is being sorted out.


You may need to check your contract or check with a solicitor but I feel that it would be a fair request to make.
I would see if I could live with my mom or someone and I would sue major. Thats not right for you to have to go through that like you are.
what do you mean you can't do anything to december as there is no where to move?





In the whole world ther eis no place else to move?





Cal and attorney, or at elast get the books on both landlord and tenant law at nolo.com - maybe your library or bookstore will have them for review if you are that broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment