Thursday, July 29, 2010

HELP! I need legal advice, I fear for my life.......?

I have joint custody of my 6 year old. I am the custodial parent. I am currently married to a man in the military and soon we will be relocating to a different state. (about 12 hours away). My ex-husband says he is going to kill me now if I take his daughter out of state. He was abusive when we were together. I am scared. My husband is on duty so I cant tell him yet. My ex-husband doesnt spend much time with our six year old. In fact on his weekends she stays with his mother and he is never there. He is so far behind in child support. He didnt even buy anything for her for Christmas. But he scares me, I dont know what to do. I spoke to the courts and they said I just need to write a certified letter to him with my new physical adrs. But I am scared for my life. What can I do?HELP! I need legal advice, I fear for my life.......?
File for a TRO (Temporary Restraining Order); contact Child Protection Services for the back child support; and contact a good family law attorney for the purpose of changing the custody arrangement to mandatory supervised visitation by your ex-husband.





Good luck.HELP! I need legal advice, I fear for my life.......?
you need to get hold of the police immediatley. stay with a friend or someone in the family that can help protect you from him until yuor husband gets home. file a restraining order against himand let the police know he has threatened your life!! do not stay home alone!! this man sounds like he nuts. i would not allow him to take your baby either under the circumstances!! if he isnt paying child support anyway then you dont have to let him have that baby. but please dont delay. call the police and get thier help on this!! and please let us know the outcome!!! the best of luck to you!!
The courts will tell you whether you can take a child out of state. NOT A MORON EX! Your ex-mother-in-law does not have custody. You do. Follow what the court says. And get an order of protection. I have been in your situation. Being a wimp is the worst. Protect your child and don't let those idiots own you. It's sounds like you are more afraid for yourself than for your child. If you need legal advice then get legal advice. Why are you asking on Yahoo?
you can get a court order for him to stay away go and see a lawyers and tell them to get a court letter sent to him to stay away stand up to the lawyers there working for you and you pay them
File a police report RIGHT AWAY - TODAY - and ask the police and your lawyer how you can get a restraining order.
Get a restraining order against him if you are really afraid. I doubt you will get one unless you have proof he has actually physically harmed you recently though. You are going to need to notify him of your new address before you are allowed to move away from him...I'm sure that is in your custody paperwork...you cannot use FEAR as an excuse...otherwise you might end up losing custody if you leave without notice to him. He will most likely object and you will have a legal battle ahead of you...but if he is not spending much time with her now and there are legit reasons for leaving you probably have a good case to move....just be smart and do it legally instead of running scared because you might end up losing everything. BTW...child support has NOTHING to do with custody or visitation...they are two separate issues.
His words constitute a crime in every state in the union... dial 911 and file a police report and have his abusive *** arrested, now!~
If your husband has physically threatened you call the police.





If your husband is not paying child support on time call the district attorney.





You can also obtain a restraining order from the Courts. Look under ';Battered Women'; or Women's Shelters'; and call and explain that you need help with a restraining order and that your husband has threatened you. There are a number of women's organizations that will often help get a restraining order at no charge. If your husband breaks the order you call the police and they put him in Jail. Also, try your local bar association they may be able to refer you to an organization that can help you.





A battered Women's Organization may be able to get you a temporary place to stay where your husband cannot find you.





I strongly suggest you talk with a family law lawyer.





I am not a lawyer and cannot give legal advice. Only a licensed lawyer can give legal advice.





Good luck. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment