Saturday, July 31, 2010

HELP! desperately need legal advice! 10 points!!?

I have a 10 month old daughter who is the world to me. Her father is a waste of space deadbeat who decided for some unknown reason he wanted to be involved with her. I can't really legally say no to that.. I mean, he IS her dad... Except he didnt make an effort, he didnt even MEET her until she was 5 months old.





Anyways, he convinced me to try working on a relationship with him. We were together for about two months, and it was too months of f'in hell. Long story short, we got pregnant again.





I was dissappointed I was pregnant with another one of HIS kids, but it was my responsibility, because I made the choice to have sex with him, knowing there was always that chance.





Anyways, I was preparing to spread the news that I was expecting again, and he flipped out, saying he wouldnt be involved with EITHER of our kids if I kept this one, and that he would be a better father figure to our daughter if i aborted...





I thought about it for a month, and for my daughter's sake, I aborted because I couldnt stand the thought of bringing another child into the world to be subjected to a lifetime of neglect from their father.





I had the abortion saturday, and have beena complete wreck ever since. I can't get it out of my head, I had to name the baby because it was making me so upset I was LITERALLY sick, because of everything, how I disgarded it, and was refering to it as an IT, as tho it wasnt human. (named it Taylor Zane)





I feel so miserable, like I should be lying in a gutter somewhere, my daughter is the only thing keeping me going and out of guilt, i still have a hard time looking at her. I try to go about my business during the day but just burst into tears hysterical crying because I feel like the scum of the f'in earth right now. I would love nothing more than to go back to saturday morning, and not go to that appointment, and to still be carrying this baby right now. I am a wreck about this, you have no idea.








Now, however-- her dad wants nothing to do with her. Turns out, he was lying, saying he would take her a couple days a week, just so I would have the abortion.





The thought that anyone could be ok with that makes me want to vomit. I am now beside myself, not only because I had the abortion, but because I did it for the sake of my daughter having a father, only to find out he was just lying.








I have the text and IM conversations where we were talking about all of that, where we came to the agreement that he would take her more often if I aborted...





MY QUESTION: What legal actions can I take against him for this? perhaps sue him for emotional distress? He pays child support, and honestly, this is NOT a money situation. This is a He Needs To Be Taught A Lesson kind of situation. Im ok on money and starting an even better job on Thursday, but what he did was disgustingly wrong.





What can I do??????? I want justice!!!!!HELP! desperately need legal advice! 10 points!!?
You can try to sue but unfortunately it was ultimately your decision and it will be argued that you could have chosen to let the father leave again and that given his apparent character, that would probably be the best thing for her. Save the text and IMs and show them to your lawyer. You might get a bit for emotional damage, but don't get your hopes up and be aware that if it goes to court, they will constantly remind you that it was your choice and you'll need to prove that you were really afraid of him leaving and why. This may be difficult because you will be trying to simultaneously show people what a jerk he is and say it would be best for your daughter to have him around.





I'm really sorry for your loss and I can't imagine what you're going through now. You let him win before, don't let him win again. Even if the suit doesn't go anywhere, at least it will have scared him a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment