Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I need some legal advice.?

I sold two watches to an individual in Hong Kong. I had listed each watch as an individual auction on Ebay and the buyer made me an offer for both watches. I ended the auctions and agreed to a sum of $6500 for both watches. My wife, whom I'm separated from, purchased these watches from the internet and spent quite a bit more than that for the watches. I sold these watches back in October 2008 and the buyer wire transferred the money into my bank account. A couple of days ago the buyer contacted me stating that the watches are replicas and that he wants his money back or is threatening legal action (I live in the U.S.). These watches were not replicas unless my wife got scammed when she purchased them. I currently do not have the funds to buy these watches back from this guy in Hong Kong and am skeptical of his claims but do not want any legal problems. I sent him the watches, their respective boxes, and certification paperwork. I've spoken to my wife and we can't find the website that she purchased them from because it was so long ago and the credit card that she used was closed a long time ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.I need some legal advice.?
Chances are this is a scam. I would do nothing. If he is serious about taking legal action, then wait for him to do so. Keep in mind that he is going to have to actually travel to the US for trial. That would be the ultimate test as to whether he has a legit. claim. If he's a scammer, he'll just give up.





Also, Keep all the emails he sends to you.





Finally, if he has a legitimate claim, and you find yourself in court, theres a good chance he may not win, but if he does you may have to pay back the 6,500. But that would be a long way down the road, and it is unlikely that he'd travel that far for 6500 dollars since the costs of flight and legal counsel would surpass that amount.





To sum it up. You sold them in good faith. Don't do anything unless he actually sues. If he does that, then its time for a lawyer.I need some legal advice.?
scam. i wouldn't send them anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment