Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need some legal advice from any attorneys- please respond/see details...?

I am a legal assistant from Georgia. My boss, an attorney, fired me on 1/3/08. It was an unfair termination. I was not given a chance to even defend myself.





I was subjected to verbal abuse in a hostile work environment, and I am also disabled due to severe OCD, anxiety, and depression.





I applied for Unemployment insurance benefits. At first, I was denied. Then, I was granted them.





But now, my former boss has appealed my rights to receive my UI. She also wrote a five page letter to the GA Department of Labor which contained some factual information, as well as some prevarications.





I am David, fighting Goliath. What rights do I have? To whom can I complain now? The ABA? The EEOC?





If I want to sue for discrimination against me due to my mental illness, do I have a case at all? To whom can I turn for help and support?





One problem that exists is that her office has fewer than three employees. Many GA labor laws only apply to workplaces with 15+ workers.





Please help.I need some legal advice from any attorneys- please respond/see details...?
You did not give the reason(s) why you were terminated. Secondly, you stated, ';I was subjected to verbal abuse in a hostile work environment, and I am also disabled due to severe OCD, anxiety, and depression.'; If this is true, why did you continue to work for them?





How are we able to answer your question of If I want to sue for discrimination against me due to my mental illness, do I have a case at all? To whom can I turn for help and support? if we do not know why you were terminated.

No comments:

Post a Comment