Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need some legal advice on pictures online without consent.?

FIL has pics online of my son and has no consent from anyone. Was asked several times to please take off and refuses. State of Oklahoma, anything I can do?I need some legal advice on pictures online without consent.?
MySpace has a privacy feature that blocks any user (even your friend list) from downloading your photos. (Click ';My Account'; and ';Privacy,'; and uncheck under photos.) If you don't select that feature, your photos are public domain.





If you did, and somehow the photos were downloaded anyway, complain to MySpace at:





http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact鈥?/a>





Legally, you must first complain to the publisher, in writing.





Good luck.I need some legal advice on pictures online without consent.?
who took the pictures?





who ever took the pictures holds the legal copyright to those photos and whoever uses them without concent of the original photographer can face charges of breaking copyright laws. also weather you are the photographer or not you are the childs mother and I am assumeing legal gardian. The legal gardian of a minor must sign a concent for thier childs image to be used for anything.





Good luck! if you took the pics I would sue for both using your childs image and breaking copyright. hire a lawyer ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment