Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need some legal advice/help.?

My oldest son (who lives on his own in another state) was visiting for the 4TH of July. On the evening of the 3rd he drove my car to a near by gas station and was pulled over for not having the headlights turned on. He then proceeded to give the officer false information using his little brothers name and birthday. He was arrested for not having a valid drivers license (yes, in GA they apparently arrest you for that). The next day his Grandparent bailed him out. The bail bonds place listed him in the name he was arrested under which again was my youngest sons name and not his own. Even after I told some guy at the jail over the phone what had happened, they said they couldn't correct the problem until his court date. So, here's the biggest problem... I live in Knoxville...my youngest attends school in Nashville and my oldest (the one who did all this) lives in Idaho. So needless to say, I doubt my oldest will be appearing in the GA court next week. As a single parent working two jobs, I don't have the time or money to drive to Nashville to pick up my innocent son and drive him to GA to appear in court for something he didn't do! I also don't have the means to provide my oldest with a plane ticket to appear (nor should I have to since he is 22).





I called the court and they won't appoint us a public defender unless we are there in GA to interview in person. Again, I can't get there.... Is there anyone out there who can give me some advice?





If you feel the need to say something rude, mean or stupid in response save us both some time and go for a colonic instead. Thanks!I need some legal advice/help.?
Well all of these things your son did was under 'Statute law', these are laws that only apply if you consent to them, but the cops and courts are only after your money, so they have ways with their legal jargon. I would advise you to take a good look at the site below and learn about what the law really is, may help.I need some legal advice/help.?
just say you cant afford it or it wont cooperate with our schedule or do it over the phone
The solution is simple but inconvenient, you need to go or you need to hire a lawyer to appear for you. Not going is NOT an option.
the first thing I would do is rake oldest boy over the coals for getting youngest boy into so much hot water.





Next thing I would do is call and talk to the public defender's office in Tennessee and see what they say you should do.





Thirdly, when you go to court, the arresting officer should be there to give testimony. He should recognize that the kid that's there is not the kid that he arrested. In fact, mug shots and fingerprints will prove that out all by itself.





At that point, the prosecutor's office should let your younger boy off the hook, contact the DA's office in Idaho, and have the police there deal with your older son, which you should welcome because he thoughtlessly and carelessly put you and your younger son at great risk. For what? A little bit of money?





BTW, is the comment about the colonic sort of like a nice way of saying, ';blow it out your ***';? Never heard that one before. Kinda funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment